Assemble these supplies:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 100 g (4 oz) small courgettes, sliced
- 75 g(3 oz) bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 eggs, beaten
- To garnish:
- bacon rolls
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Oven: 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4
Steps in preparation:
- Heat the oil in a small pan and lightly fry the courgettes, bacon and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a small ovenproof gratin dish and stir the mixture around a little to grease the dish. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the dried marjoram. G31
- Pour the eggs into the dish and cook in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Garnish and serve at once.
- D The courgette and bacon mixture can be prepared 2-3 hours in advance, if covered and chilled.
- A frittata is a flat, oven-baked omelette which can be made with a variety of fillings. Small amounts of vegetables can be used in it, particularly leftover cooked vegetables, as well as small quantities of meat such as ham and chicken. Following the basic recipe, try using chicken and sweetcorn or ham and peppers; to make the frittata even more substantial add a small cooked potato.